nightlight solution needed

I need a custom home lighting controller for my disabled father. What I want it to do is control track lighting that will be used like a nightlight. The operation is this:

When the circuit is triggered (either by a pressure mat by the bed or an IR device to sense when my father has gotten out of bed) it will turn the track lights on. The lights will stay on until my father gets back into bed and then pushes a bedside switch to turn the lights off. If my father gets back out of bed the circuit will trigger again.

Reply to
Clyde
Loading thread data ...

For elederly application you will want to consider a complete home automation system. This is not overly expensive. I would recommend using an HAI Omni LT

formatting link
with some motion sensors, and a floor pad like you mention. If you or someone you know is familiar with electrical you could do this for under $1000. And have a decent system, with a lot of capabilities to monitor you father.

Reply to
Brett Griffin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.