Need X10 Security Pinger- poor mans RFID

I basically want to take an X10 MS10a or a DS10a security device and modify it to transmit a "here I am" signal about every 30 seconds.

I thought about using an Eagle-eye and using the on/off buttons, but those could be mimicked too easily. With the Security devices the random number code will keep the false to a minimum. (actually someone else's idea)

I figure a door switch (DS10a) with a monstable feeding a mini relay would be pretty simple....

Any one got a schematic for either the DS10a or the MS10a?

What am I going to use it for....

I am going to put it in my car and the non-stable will be driven by the dash light circuit.

Signal... the garage door should be open... I am either in my garage getting ready to leave, or coming in...

No Signal... the garage door should be shut.... Either the car is in the garage and turned off, or I am out of range....

As I also have a directional driveway sensor, I can double check when it goes off to see if the "pinger" is in range and the state of the doors...

Any one got either a schematic or a better idea ?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Sisson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.