Need info on remote control deadbolt door locks

Hi All, I need recommendations on a good RF remote deadbolt door lock system. I found several e-tailers that sell them but don't know which brand is best/most reliable. I'm disabled and need this to be able to unlock my apt. door while I'm in bed. The bed is approx. 30' away from the door, that seems to be the max. for most systems I saw. Thanks for any info you can provide!

Reply to
Daniel G.
Loading thread data ...

There are several commercial quality electric door strikes which you might want to consider. These use your conventional door lock but replace the rectangular, metal strike plate on the door frame. You've likely seen similar devices on apartment building doors. There is a gate (called a "keeper") on the strike which swings free, releasing the door when it gets a low voltage electrical current, usually 12 or

24 VDC.

One advantage to using a strike is it doesn't require running electrical wires into the door itself -- only the frame. Another is that good quality strikes cost significantly less than good quality automated deadbolts.

I've put together packages for this sort of thing before. You'll need a power supply with a backup battery (so you can still open the door if the power goes out), a strike, a wireless receiver and a small wireless transmitter.

I make my living selling these systems to upscale homes and to business clients. If you need it for a long-term disability contact me and I'll send you what you need at cost as a courtesy.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Jeeze, Bass... TWENTY-NINE complaints... http:///

formatting link
I'm positive you'll be able to hit "30" by the end of the month. ;-)

To the OP:

Contact a local alarm dealer to help you. Seeing as how you're disabled, I honestly don't think going the DIY route will fit your needs. And if you DO contact this crook (Bass), make sure you vet any prices he gives you on components through the Group. You should also have a look at:

formatting link
Good luck!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Bass offers to GIVE the stuff to the guy and all you can offer is abuse? Seems like you're the bigger jerk here...

Reply to
Bill Kearney

What I gave was sound advice (considering the facts I have to hand). What exactly has Bass done?? EVERY "helpful post" he makes includes a "buy me" button. Not to mention flooding the Group with "PR" posts.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hi!

Try the door locks from Simon Voss. You can controll them either by a remote, or by a wireless biometric reader, or even throug the internet. snipped-for-privacy@simon-voss.com

Reply to
Konnexman

Oh that's bullshit and you know it.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

We'll agree to disagree on that, Bill. You must figure I wrote his BBB report. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Sort of. You and several of your pals from the alarm newsgroup filed bogus complaints. You'd whine if I helped an old lady cross the street.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You and I both know this to be untrue. I've never even contacted your BBB, let alone filed a false complaint against you (and neither has Graham). It's simply amazing to me (what with your various companies having been directly scrutinized by the BBB for years and the fact that you're no doubt far more familiar with their investigative methods), that you insist on continuing to regale us with such outrageous lies.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Actually, I know that you lie all the time. You know it. Everyone knows it. That's about all I plan to say to you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Uh-huh... By now we're all familiar with how your latest "I don't want to fight anymore" tactic works...

Reply to
Frank Olson

I only said I didn't want to fight. Feel free to continue posting all the lies you want.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

For someone that "doesn't want to fight", you just can't leave well enough alone can you?

You've never proved I've lied about anything. I wish I could say the same about you.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Check out my guide on remote control deadbolts aka "smart locks", and read my customer reviews. Many of the reviews were written by folks that live in assisted living centers or apartments and have limited mobility:

formatting link

Reply to
annakilbo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.