light switching

Ok, I'm a dummy. I put 4 ceiling boxes on the same switch, now I want to control them separately. What are my choices besides:

1.. rewiring 2.. pull chains

I considered the x10 stuff, but I don't really see a wire in module that could sit in the top of the light fixtures. I may not have room for the socket rockets.

thanks

steve barker

Reply to
S. Barker
Loading thread data ...

Pull the wire. Just do it and get it over with.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

no, no. don't make me do that. . i already have finished the drywall and painting, and already have 4 switches at the top of the stairs. I'll probably just put pull chains on what ever fixtures we put up. It's only a 7'4" ceiling, and it's our office and her sewing room. (in a not fancy farm house we're re-doing).

thanks for the reply.

steve

Reply to
S. Barker

try this :

formatting link

or this

formatting link

Reply to
Main

thanks, i'll look into those.

s

formatting link

formatting link

>
Reply to
S. Barker

Slight addition: what I did way, way, back, when there was a "pull chain" light at the far end of a room (that is, you entered the doorway and the light was ten feet away) was....

... I placed a couple of "screw eye" screws into the wall, attached a long string to the chain, and ran that string to the doorway.

Reply to
danny burstein

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.