Illiterate X-10 Question

The number of different X-10 components out there is overwhelming to someone who has not used them before.

What I want is very simple...

When Circuit A is activated by a conventional switch I want Circuit B to be also activated.

When Circuit A is deactivated by a conventional switch I want Circuit B to be also deactivated.

Circuit B only has a source of power but no conventional switching of its own.

Seems there should be small "do-hickeys" that I could simply wire into each junction box, but I'm having trouble zeroing-in on the right components.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson
Loading thread data ...

[snip]

I was hoping there really was a set of "do-hickeys" The X-10 switch blocks don't really fit my application... outdoor-weather-protected switches.

Alternatively, anyone have schematics of X-10 transmitters and receivers?

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Thanks, Lee, I'll check it out.

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Jim --

James Lipsit has a bit about sensing current to trigger X10 devices on his website:

formatting link
Also, have a look at the powerflash module:
formatting link
and consider that, combined with
formatting link
I would suggest a 120v relay parallel with your switched load, providing contact closure to the 4060, which will send an X10 "on" command to the 2250

E. Lee Dickinson Entertainment Design and Technology

formatting link

Reply to
E. Lee Dickinson

Smarthome's wall switches send an X10 signal when manually operated. So, if you put the switch on Circuit A and turned it on or off manually, it would send an X10 signal like A1-On (or Off) which would control an X10 module set to that code to control Circuit B.

Reply to
BruceR

X-10 is not a toggle signal. It sends discrete On and Off signals.

Reply to
Dave Houston

The trouble with using X10 that way is that X10 is a toggle signal, the same switches it on or off. If your 2 loads ever got out of sync they would stay out of sync, turning one off would turn the other on.

Reply to
Nick Hull

As Dave points out the signals are discrete. Turning one off sends an Off and turning one on sends an ON so they will never be out of sync.

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.