I need auto fill tank for RO filter

I got an RO filter recently. Problem is, we have to fill it from a

1 or 5 gal jug manually. I would sure like to have some info on building a DIY water storage tank that would turn the RO unit on when low, and back off when full. I think it could be done with a 5 or 6 gal plastic water bottle, with a spigot installed in the bottom. I hear the best type of float switch is actually an air column pressure switch. That would have to be rigged to turn a solenoid water valve on/off. So if I could find a source for a suitable air column pressure switch, and an electric solenoid valve to control the inlet water line, then I would be all set to build it. Or maybe there is a tank kit I can buy? Ideas?
Reply to
geronimo
Loading thread data ...

Low tech solution. Turn the supply bottle upside down with the bottle neck immersed in the filter pan?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

HuH?????

immersed in the filter pan?

Reply to
geronimo

I've seen setups like that for a pet's water bowl. Whenever the level gets too low water flows down from the inverted bottle / reservoir.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Is this a gravity feed system you are suggesting? Is the tank pressurized? Is the filter? Do you ever back flush the filter? A dual action level switch may be better suited. Can you provde a link to your filter?

Michael

Reply to
Slammer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.