Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Home lawn sprinkler control advice please
- John Doe
July 22, 2005, 4:00 am
rate this thread
Just moved into a new home... we've got a sprinkler system for the
lawn/flower beds but there are problems with the system. I've gotten
several opinions from sprinkler companies in town and they're telling me I
need a new control unit. Being a computer geek, I'd love to hook it up to
my rig and automate the crap out of it. I've done some searching on the net
but am overwhelmed by all the options. I'm great with computers, but not so
handy with the handyman stuff. Any advice on how to set things up?
Thanks in advance for the assist!!
Re: Home lawn sprinkler control advice please
=>Just moved into a new home... we've got a sprinkler system...
Zone valves, which feed water to the various heads in zones, are
solenoid operated. The ones I had were 24V ac.
Interface your byte bin via relays or triacs to the low-voltage ac
system. I would suggest opto-isolation if possible.
- » Home automation server hardware dev board for Raspberry Pi - OS Hardware
- — Next thread in » Home Automation
- » NYC local event: Unigroup's 17-Oct-2019 Meeting: SDN/SDP - So...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Networking Firewalls