Equipment room

I've stripped the sheetrock off all the walls, created a small utility room where the main breaker panel is. How far from the breaker panel should I install the structured wiring panel to minimize noise and interference?

Darrell

Reply to
brainstewn
Loading thread data ...

Who says there's any ? Put it where it makes sense.

Reply to
Al Dykes

Two comments that what I want to hear. I watched the videos by the training department "Residential Infrastructure Wiring." They comment that they are locating the HA distribution box away from the breaker panel but don't say why. Some of the supply house say a minimum of eighteen inches and I've come across other opinions that 3 feet is recommended. Looking for a consensus.

Reply to
dwc511

utility room

interference?

Reply to
Badger

The metal shells on both pieces help "discourage" interference. It really depends more on wiring than proximity. If you allow signal wires and AC power wires to run along side each other you could very well get noise. If they cross at 90 degrees they will be ok.

comment

Reply to
Badger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.