Computer-Controlled Power Outlet

All,

I know nothing about home automation and am not sure this is the right place, but it's the closest I can find. I would like to buy a power strip or similar device which I can turn on and off via commands from a computer.

I don't have funky devices which can receive commands, just a regular lamp. I'd like to turn it on, leave it on, plug it into an outlet my computer can control and program my computer so that when a certain thing happens, it turns the power on or off at the "outlet" the lamp is plugged into.

This is for my cubicle at work, so I can't rewire anything - it needs to be a power strip or box I plug into a regular outlet.

If anyone knows of something I can buy to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Liz

Reply to
Liz
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
The kit includes a lamp module so is probably all you need by way of hardware. Note that some problems have been reported with the ActiveHome software on Windows XP, however third-party software to control the CM11A computer interface is readily available.

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

Fabulous, Charles! Looks like exactly what I want. Thanks!

Liz

Charles Sullivan wrote:

Reply to
Liz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.