Automatic Garage Door

Hi,

I would like to know the typical interface for automatic/electric garage door. Is it controlled using 2 relays for power and direction (closing and opening) or maybe with just one relay (relay on = closing, relay off = opening)?

Thanks in advance for any input regarding this matter.

Rgds, W. Utomo

Reply to
Jo
Loading thread data ...

I believe most need a single, momentary contact relay -- essentially to replicate the effect of the regular hardwired pushbutton control.

The temporary closing of the circuit launches the door to go from open to closed or vice versa.

Reply to
Stu Alden

Hi,

I would like to know the typical interface for automatic/electric garage door. Is it controlled using 2 relays for power and direction (closing and opening) or maybe with just one relay (relay on = closing, relay off = opening)?

Rgds, W. Utomo

Reply to
Jo

Hi,

Rgds, W. Utomo

Reply to
Jo

The only electrical garage door I have fixed was about fifteen years ago. It used a low voltage motor from a trickle charge battery. No relays were used, the control was all electronic. My involvement was, despite it being maintenance free, it all stopped working one day. All I did was tighten up the battery contacts.

Reply to
steve

Hi,

Rgds, W. Utomo

Reply to
Jo

Thanks Stu for the information and sorry for the multiple posts, I got some problem with my news client.

Rgds, W. Utomo

Stu Alden wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newsgroups.comcast.net:

Reply to
Jo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.