Anybody using a Pepper Pad...?

Hi gang!

I was looking for PocketPC software when I stumbled onto this:

formatting link
The Pepper Pad looks pretty slick...

The press release dated 1/3/06 they announced their Pepper Pad Plus, due in Q2...

WOW!

If the extra features of the Plus don't interest you, buy the regular Pepper Pad this month and receive a $50 rebate.

They're at CES now, in Vegas. Booth #35847.

The Plus will also feature VoIP abilities using SIP...

This device has it all!

The Pepper Pad sells for $850. The three vendors from whom you can buy it (Amazon, Best Buy, and eCost) do not seem to discount. Price fixing?

I checked eBay. Shocked to see about 10 of 'em sold with Buy-It-Now for $100 each! My goodness!! Then I see the seller is in China. Sold 'em all on 12/24. Nobody has left feedback - good or bad. I suspect a scam, and soon there will be a flood of bad comments 'cause the seller didn't deliver. Thats MY guess...

I'm waiting for the Plus...

What do you guys think of THIS product?

Jack ;-)

Reply to
Jack Edin
Loading thread data ...

Hello?

What exactly tipped you off...?

Because you are W-R-O-N-G...!

As the author of the so-called-SPAM, I am offended!

It was a simple enough question, and NO it was not a plug.

Mister B@ss is a reseller. He isn't the only one...

I have indeed contacted the company about becoming a dealer.

I did so after, not before, asking this group for input.

[If you just dropped into the middle of this, I asked the group if anybody had experience with a mobile pad PC product I discovered by accident at
formatting link

The thing is taylor made for HA use, and kicks Audry's butt in every way. In Q2 the Plus version will be even better. (They'll upgrade old units as close as they can to cost, I was told.)

My friend Bill, and uncle Neil both attended CES last week - on behalf of their (different) employers. Both were asked by me to go to the Pepper booth and get a hands-on. Nope! Neither one was able to get that done for me.

And this group thinks my question was some sort of ploy to drive traffic to their site! Well mister B@ss says HE does...

Don't be an @ss, Mister B@ss...!

Since I can't see one in a store before I buy, I asked high and low for somebody's opinion. Not to be had...

My order for 1 unit will probably be shipped out this week. I expect I'll have it in hand before the weekend, but more likely the following week.

I expect I'll like it, and I might come back here and tell the group about it.

I may be setup as a reseller by then, so to do so WOULD be selling... And then you might have something to complain about.

The 3 online sources seem to hold their prices to the list of $850. Or pretty near.

I was thinking I could bring some savings to the group, and offer them here.

I doubt it will happen, however, as the profit margin is minimal. Even at quantities of 100+ the wholesale price is only about $100 less than MSRP.

I expect everyone's favorite, mister B@ss, will be in contact with Pepper himself, come Monday...

Why not? It is a really cool product.

Don't go look!!!

And thanks, everybody, uhhh...

For...

I'm not sure how to finish that statement.

Sincerely,

Jack :)

Robert L Bass wrote:

Reply to
Jack Edin

Don't sweat it Jack. I'd certainly be interested in hearing about your experience with the product (good or bad).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Mister B@ss, you are entitled to your opinion.

Even if you're completely wrong.

Being wrong is not new for you, and I now have a pretty good idea why everybody up here has a low opinion of you.

I once visited your website, and asked a question using your form. No reply.

I like how B@ss rhymes with @ss, because in my opinion thats what you are.

I honestly DID "Stumble" upon this. I asked high and low, nobody else had an opinion... so I'm forced to buy one to get a hands-on.

I stated that the profit margin is too low, and I probably would NOT try to sell them here - as I know that do it yourselfers are bargain conscious, etc.

The $50 rebate is probably the best offer around.

If one of the three online resellers DOES have a sale, the combined savings will far exceed the margins given to resellers.

So go crawl back under your rock, and forget you even heard my name.

And my apologies to everybody in Usenet, but I had to let this buttmunch have it. I'd like to say more...

Have a nice day everybody, except YOU mister B@ss!

Jack ;-)

Reply to
Jack Edin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.