Any Value to a Box of X-10 Stuff?

I have a lot of X-10 stuff, never used. Lots of modules and controllers and a few other things. X-10 used to practically give this stuff away when you bought anything, and my brother left me some stuff when he moved.

Is there any value to it? Is there a market for it?

Hey, anybody in the NY area want to buy some of it?

Shaun Eli

formatting link
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for the Smarter Audience (sm)

Reply to
Shaun Eli
Loading thread data ...

Roughly a dozen lamp remotes, half-dozen two and three-way wall switches, a couple of socket-rockets, a bunch of keychain remotes, some whole-house video system, a few universal remotes that also control X10 stuff, some plug-in controllers, some palm pad remotes, a mouse remote, some appliance modules... possibly other stuff towards the bottom of two boxes of stuff.

Most of them are new in box, but the lamp modules and some other modules aren't; perhaps they came that way because I can't imagine ordering so many, taking them out of the box and not using them.

You can email me through links on my website

formatting link
because I don't want to post my email address on usenet.

-Shaun

Reply to
Shaun Eli

What do you have? Model #, how many, new in box, used, etc.....

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

A few people have written to me asking questions so I guess there's some value.

Here's what I have, more or less:

3 white lamp modules, not in box 3 olive lamp modules, not in box 1 white transceiver module, not in box 5 keychain remotes, some RCA HC40TX 1 eight unit plug-in controller, olive, not in box 5 socket rockets LM15AC 3 two unit slimfire remote KR19A 2 flat four unit remotes, not boxed, KR22A 1 olive heavy duty appliance module 250 volt, not boxed 1 olive transceiver module, not boxed 3 style switches 3 + dim SS13A-C 4 palmpad remotes HR12A-C 1 mini transceiver TM751-C 3 three-way wall switch WS4777-C 4 lamp modules LM465-C 1 appliance module AM466 not boxed 1 hawkeye motion detector MS13A 3 RCA brand lamp modules HC10LM 2 RCA appliance modules HC20AM olive appliance module not boxed AM486 RCA white lamp module not boxed HC20AM 2 220/240 volt, 20 amp appliance module HD245 mini controller MC260 four piece firecracker kit CK18A-C video sender kit VK30A-C wireless mouse remote MK19A six-in-one universal remote, not boxed, UR47A receptacle module SR277 RC5000 security system (just 1 lamp module and 1 palmpad-like remote)
Reply to
Shaun Eli

Put it on ebay, someone will buy it!

Reply to
Paul in Redland

Well, I'm glad I decided to hold onto it all. Last night I went to a dinner party in Brooklyn. The apartment was old and originally fitted for gas lamps. When the dining room was wired with electric wall lamps they somehow neglected to put in... light switches. So the homeowners have to turn the lights on and off by screwing and unscrewing the bulbs! (perhaps the previous wall lamps had built-in switches and somebody didn't like the way they looked and replaced them with fixtures that have no switches, without thinking about it)

X-10 to the rescue-- I'll be giving them a plug-in controller and four socket-rockets. They'll be able to turn the lights on/off individually or all at once (all lights on/all appliances off). And if they really like the idea, they can swap a socket-rocket for one of the larger, dimmable light socket controllers.

I always thought of most of the X-10 stuff as neat toys, but in this case it's really solving a problem. Glad I'm be able to help.

Shaun Eli

formatting link
Champagne: Clever Comedy for the Smart Mind (sm)

Reply to
Shaun Eli

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.