6201 repeater problem

I had to replace a Leviton 6201 several months ago as it had failed (power supply burned up). I replaced it with the new Leviton HCA-02-10e and had nothing but problems with "ping pong" repeating, dimming issues and errors. I found and purchased 3 of the old 6201 units, 1 to replace the HCA-02-10e, 1 for the garage and a spare. After installing the unit it worked perfectly for a day and then I noticed units not responding. I tested the signal with Smarthome Testerlinc and found that there were many errors being transmitted and the signal was in the 60's. The LED was not flashng on the 6201. I replaced the 1st 6201 with another one and found the same problem. So I replaced it with the last NEW on I have and had the same result. Thinking that having 3 new units defective was slim, I experminted a bit and found that if I applied power only to the red wire it boosted the signal to 120-140 (with no errors) on that phase only and flashed the LED. As soon as I applied power to the black lead the unit stopped woking (no LED and many errors). I connected the HCA-02-10e back up again and it works except for the "ping pong" problem. Note that I powered up the 6201 in the proper sequence and the white lead is to neutral and I disconnected the known signal absorbing devices. There are no other transmitters or repeaters installed and the system is controlled by a PC and CM11a. What are the odds of having 3 defective (new and never connected) units ?

Thanks for any suggestions!

I posted this message in another group but only received one response.. Sorry if I repeat myself.

Harry

Reply to
Harry
Loading thread data ...

I had to replace a Leviton 6201 several months ago as it had failed (power supply burned up). I replaced it with the new Leviton HCA-02-10e and had nothing but problems with "ping pong" repeating, dimming issues and errors. I found and purchased 3 of the old 6201 units, 1 to replace the HCA-02-10e, 1 for the garage and a spare. After installing the unit it worked perfectly for a day and then I noticed units not responding. I tested the signal with Smarthome Testerlinc and found that there were many errors being transmitted and the signal was in the 60's. The LED was not flashng on the 6201. I replaced the 1st 6201 with another one and found the same problem. So I replaced it with the last NEW on I have and had the same result. Thinking that having 3 new units defective was slim, I experminted a bit and found that if I applied power only to the red wire it boosted the signal to 120-140 (with no errors) on that phase only and flashed the LED. As soon as I applied power to the black lead the unit stopped woking (no LED and many errors). I connected the HCA-02-10e back up again and it works except for the "ping pong" problem. Note that I powered up the 6201 in the proper sequence and the white lead is to neutral and I disconnected the known signal absorbing devices. There are no other transmitters or repeaters installed and the system is controlled by a PC and CM11a. What are the odds of having 3 defective (new and never connected) units ?

Thanks for any suggestions!

I posted this message in another group but only received one response.. Sorry if I repeat myself.

Harry

Reply to
Harry

Are you saying that you have more than one coupler/repeater installed? If so, that's your problem. You should only need to install one of them.

Martin

formatting link

Reply to
AutomatedOutlet.com

No,

I purchase 3 new units and after installing them 1 unit at the time they all had the problem described abouve. There was only 1 installed. I guess my point was that I have the same problem no matter which unit i tried and the new version Leviton works fine except for the "ping pong". Do I have 3 new defective Leviton 6201 units> Don't know how to test them..... Harry

Reply to
Harry

Are you sure you're hooking it up to 2 separate phases?

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.